This week's rides covered country roads, nature trails, well-traveled thoroughfares and old-money neighborhoods.
Unsurprisingly, I saw a few things that amused me on those bike excursions, though I only stopped to take a picture of one.
You'll have to use your imagination with the crazy, creepy and cute sights listed below.
* A man riding west on Grand Avenue carrying a garbage bag with at least one case of cheap beer. I'm not kidding. Maybe the case was empty? I don't know how he held it up.
* A turtle on the Neal Smith Trail. They're bizarrely cute, for all their scary beakiness.
* Runners out on concrete, sunny trails during 80-plus-degree, full-humidity weather.
* Stumpy. Don't worry, Iowans; he's safely parked in northern Illinois.
* The third lost motorist who's asked me to rescue them from Shirland, Illinois.
* A biker stashing toilet paper and a tub of cat litter in a milk crate ziptied to the back of her bike. ... Oh wait, that was me.