Saturday, February 9, 2013

Spring dreaming

Yes, I've been finding the joy in running during Midwestern winters.

But that doesn't mean a little part of me wasn't sad when, recently, I decided to tuck away a pair of running shorts to save shelf space.

And considering how foolish I look in a strapless dress after a summer spent running or biking in T-shirts and tank tops, I was pleased to see my tan lines have mostly faded away. Goodbye, remnants of sunburned shoulder blades and collarbones; goodbye, awkward sleeve line around the middle of my upper arm.

But that doesn't mean I don't wish I could step outside with either bare calves or bare forearms.

So it was with much delight that I saw tomorrow's weather forecast: 46 degrees. Maybe the shorts will come back out (shield your eyes from the glare!). And definitely I'm going to pretend I didn't see the "feels like" caveat.

No comments:

Post a Comment