Monday, July 8, 2013

The final farmers tan frontier ... for training

I'd been wondering whether and when this would happen: a tan line on my fingers from wearing bike gloves.

Late last week, it did. At first, I thought it was a trick of the light, but reinspection has shown me that I indeed have two-toned index fingers (and that the left one is darker than the right one).
It's not my imagination. It's there. However, if you can't see it, blame my poor photography skills.
But as fellow RAGBRAIer Regina pointed out, we've still got event wristband tans coming for us. The best, or worst, is yet to come, depending on how you view farmers tans. (In my case, with amused resignation, and gratitude that it's not a farmers burn.)

Where else can I acquire new tan lines?

I may never undo what will happen to my forearms and lower upper arms, because I fear for how scorched my back will become if I wear my tank tops -- they're racerbacks.

Sunglasses-inspired raccoon eyes are almost a given, if I'll be out in the sun more than half a day.

I might be lucky enough to see white stripes down my jaw line from where my helmet hid the skin, but I doubt I'll see any hue on my legs between beige and lobster.

Check back at the end of July to find out what a tie-dyed mess my skin has become!

No comments:

Post a Comment